So that was last weekend. On to this week. Tonight we're going to a bull roast for a friend of Cooper's who's planning to run for office at some point. And tomorrow is a big day. We're having a dinner party.
It's been years since we had an actual sit-down-at-the-table, everything's fancy dinner party. In fact, we've never had one at this house - and we've lived here for almost four years. We're due.
My menu is ambitious - it's a seven course tasting menu, plus snacks to start - and I'm really excited to spend today and tomorrow cooking. I'll be making:
- Truffle popcorn
- Parmesan crisps with goat cheese filling
- Spinach soup with horseradish granita
- Slow-roasted onions with "licorice" powder
- Crab cakes
- Grilled lamb chops with a trio of sauces (rosemary salt, mint chimichurri and a creamy wine mustard) and scalloped potatoes
- Green salad granita
- Cheese course (courtesy of Atwaters)
- Creamy caramel pudding