Monday, February 09, 2009

Trendy Monday: Burger Joints

I know I'm a little late to the game with this, but I've just all of a sudden noticed that fancy burgers are everywhere. Maybe it's partly an economy thing - it's less financially risky to open a burger place than a super fancy restaurant - or maybe it's a comfort food thing or maybe it's just an Americana thing ("fresh, clean, American flavors" on a bun?). Whatever it is, it's trendy.

First there was Spike's DC spot. Blais' Flip. And here in Baltimore, our very own Chef Paternotte's Abbey Burger Bistro.

Now, mind you, I'm not complaining. I love burgers - fancy or not. But they sure are everywhere these days.

1 comment:

theminx said...

Bobby Flay is starting his own chain of gourmet burger joints too....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails