Friday, May 09, 2014

Goodbye to Snyder's

Snyder's Restaurant - a Linthicum fixture for the past 77 years - is closing.

The restaurant, which is visible from the Beltway, was flooded during that crazy day of rain that also downed an entire block of central Baltimore (link just in case you've been living under a rock - I mean, everyone in the world knows about this now, right?).

I didn't go to Snyder's all the time but my family did go there on a handful of very special occasions. We ate there after each high school graduation (we graduated at UMBC, which is close to Snyder's) and when Cooper asked my dad if he could marry me (answer: "Are you sure that's what you want?" I'm only half joking.)

I haven't been in years and I couldn't tell you anything I ever ate there. But it's always sad to see an old school place close. So much history gone.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails