Friday, December 12, 2014

Tabling It

Sotheby's Paris is hosting an auction that I can surely get behind. The auction is built around a series of table settings, designed by people who really know how to do that sort of thing, and include wine pairings that would match each setting.

Table setting is, truly, one of my favorite things. I'm sure I've mentioned it here before. Not necessarily the creation of elaborate tabletops - though that's fun, it's not something I can do all that often. No, what I really enjoy is just setting the table for dinner on a random Tuesday night. Especially when I'm busy with work and have been feeling stressed and overwhelmed.

Some people relax by running, or by baking bread. Me, I set the table. Folding napkins and carefully placing forks takes only a minute or two, but it's always a good reminder that even on the most hectic days, there is some order and beauty in the world.

Plus, anything that takes me away from my computer screen...is a good thing.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails