Thursday, May 21, 2009

Vino by the Litre

Everybody knows I love, love, love a cool map. So you can imagine how excited I was to come across a website called Strange Maps, devoted to nothing but, well, strange maps (via Manolo). Not even halfway down the first page, I came across this gorgeous piece of statistical representation:

My favorite maps, or graphs, or charts, or whatever you want to call them, are like this - they take dry statistics and convey them in a completely visually compelling manner. On Strange Maps, each map comes with a couple of paragraphs of analysis and discussion, making it a really valuable resource.

And as for this map, I would put it in my kitchen in a heartbeat (or the wine cellar). My favorite finding is that the US drinks wine at roughly the same rate as Finland. So random, so interesting. Surprising? I'm not sure.

1 comment:

John said...

I love Strange Maps. It's such a cool website!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails