Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ideabook Tuesday: Fashion-Inspired

Despite the fact that I wear yoga pants and ratty t-shirts most of the time (yay work from home!), I have always really loved fashion. In fact, for a little while when I first started college, I thought I might want to get into buying as a career. One summer + one semester of working retail cured me of that, but I still love clothes.

That's why this ideabook - rooms that represent the styles of some of my favorite designers - was super fun to write. It's not all-inclusive, of course - there's no Michael Kors and I love Michael Kors - but it's pretty cool anyway. And also pretty inspiring, if I do say so myself.

2 comments:

Kenna said...

any ideas for folks who like a more classic look? Most of these have a more modern/comtemporary flair. I don't necessarily need to go clawfoot bathtubs... but also don't need horizontal stripes in my living room. Good ideas for a happy medium?

Kit Pollard said...

Kenna - are you looking for ideas for any room in particular, or the whole new house? Blank slates are pretty exciting...

Here are some spaces that are classic/traditional and pretty cool:

I really like this room: http://www.houzz.com/projects/1056/San-Francisco-Decorator-Showcase-2001

I wrote this book and it kind of sums up a lot of my design philosophy - I like the mix of old and new: http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/1270/list/The-Elegance-of-Experience--Old-Pieces-in-New-Places

This is another cool book that mixes new (some might be too modern for you)with traditional:
http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/1316/list/Agrarian-Hauteur

When do you move in?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails