Monday, November 12, 2012

Sean O'Harra's Cool Furniture

Over the weekend, I had an article in the Sun about Sean O'Harra, a local furniture-maker who's really more sculptor than craftsman.

I spent some time with Sean in his workshop, an enormous warehouse on the western edge of town. It's filled with crazy pieces of wood, ancient tools, and a couple of Airstream trailers (not his).

I liked Sean and I liked his work - very much. He pairs really intersting pieces of older wood with metal (also often reclaimed) to create benches and tables that are part rustic, part industrial. He also makes smaller objects, like these amazing decorative bowls that remind me a little of Enric Rovira's chocolate scupltures.

In Baltimore, Sean's stuff is available at Trohv in Hampden.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails