Friday, November 09, 2012

Late Night at the BMA

The Baltimore Museum of Art's renovated Contemporary Wing reopens next weekend and the museum is hosting a bunch of fun activities to celebrate. Including a short talk by yours truly!

Next Saturday night, November 17th, the museum is hosting a "late night" in the newly revamped wing. It includes a cash bar (yay!), music, dancing, interactive projects, and a handful of (very) short talks about art+other topics. My topic, unsurprisingly, is food.

I've written a ton about the relationship between art and food - it's a subject of endless fascination to me. So I'm super excited about this opportunity (I just have to wrangle my thoughts into a 10-minute talk!)

I'll be speaking at 10:15 p.m. in front of one of the museum's food-related works. Details on exactly where, and what else is going on, will be available at the museum that night. And more information about the event as a whole can be found right here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails