Thursday, September 09, 2010

Old School Thursday: Three Wise Men Edition

Today is National Steak au Poivre Day and you know what? I really like steak au poivre. I don’t make it much, but when I do, it makes me very happy. So I can’t complain that it’s got it’s own day.

And what a day it is. First of all, today is Harland Sander’s 120th birthday. He’s more commonly known as Colonel Sanders – the founder of KFC, where there’s no trans fat, but plenty of fat-fat. Delicious fat-fat.

Also, today in 1901, Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec died. I’m a huge fan of many things created during the latter part of the 19th century in France, so it’s no surprise that Toulouse-Lautrec is one of my favorite artists. His posters capture something bigger than just the art scene of the time.

Finally, fifteen years ago today, in 1995, popcorn great Orville Redenbacher passed away. Popcorn lovers everywhere naturally mourn the loss.

Today, the celebration is obvious, if a little random: steak, popcorn chicken, and absinthe. Right?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails