Friday, July 23, 2010

Summer Drink Recipe: Martha's Yellow Tomato Bloody Mary

I'm swamped (again) with work this morning, but I am also staring at a ton of freshly grown tomatoes that are just begging to be made into a drink - like this one. Sounds like a perfect way to kick off a summer brunch, right? And a great way to use the piles of tomatoes everybody's got this year.

It feels like the opposite of last year - when our plants yielded about three tomatoes (but fifteen thousand habaneros).

Speaking of overwhelming amounts of produce, it's fig season again here at the Pollard abode. So once again, I'm in search of new ways to use huge amounts of figs. Suggestions are welcome!

6 comments:

theminx said...

I'd be happy to take some figs off your hands. :)

Kit Pollard said...

That's great - seriously. If you/Neal are around Sunday or Monday I could drop some off...

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said...

ahahha I was just about to say that donating figs to me were a good idea. Looks like the minx beat me to it :)

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said...

seriously though, you are so lucky! Do you grow them in the ground or in a pot? How do you keep the bees/deer away?

Kit Pollard said...

We have a tree - it was here when we moved in. It's huge now and we don't do anything special to it.

There aren't really deer right around here, but the bees do get some of the figs, especially if we miss a day of picking.

If you want some, I am really more than happy to share. Seriously. There are WAY more than we can eat. Even though we give a lot away, some always go to waste.

Kit Pollard said...

there are more than enough to go around - believe me!

Nakiya - email me or FB message me and we can figure out a drop-off/pickup...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails