Friday, April 17, 2009

Entertaining Friday: Restaurant Review Roundup

I've been writing a lot of restaurant reviews lately...just not here. My Examiner column is bursting with them, though. So, to spread the wealth around, here's a quick roundup:
  • Grapevine Cafe - Greek-American in Cockeysville. Great apps, not-so-great entrees. Learned the hard way that we should stop trying to go to restaurants that cater to the over-65 crowd.
  • Hamilton Tavern - Local and American in Lauraville. Cool interior, great wine list, solid bar food.
  • Saigon Remembered - Vietnamese by Belvedere Square. Some kitchen glitches, but good flavor and great rolls.
  • Samos - Greek in Greektown. Seriously awesome.

So there you have it. The most legitimately "entertaining" spots are Hamilton Tavern (for the hipper and younger, or at least those who don't mind a little noise, especially on the weekends) and Samos (for everybody. Literally, everybody.) Although, with the right company, I'm sure anyplace could be entertaining...

2 comments:

theminx said...

Wish you would post reviews on your blog. The Examiner site with its animated ads gives me a headache, so I avoid it.

Hamilton Tavern sounds like a good deal - we should try it sometime.

Kit Pollard said...

Hamilton Tavern was great. Really fun atmosphere.

I think I probably will start posting them on M&G. I have been trying not to repeat content, but I can't link to urbanspoon on the Examiner (or I don't think I can).

Animated ads. Huh, I didn't even realize. Is it bad to admit that even though I write there, I don't actually read the Examiner?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails