Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Beach Week: No More Red Wine

I learned a lesson last night: no more red wine this week. I drink it all the time at home (we all do) but apparently in the summer, all it does is make me go to sleep. I’m cranky this morning.

Yesterday was our first theme night РBushwood Country Club (Caddyshack) Рand it was a huge success. There was a lot of hot pink and Kelly green and, well, patterns. We looked good. Cooper grilled London broil and I made a Caesar salad and saut̩ed green beans and carrots. Nothing fancy, but everything turned out and tasted a lot better than it would have at a real country club, if I do say so myself.

Also, our specialty cocktail, the Southside, was a gigantic hit. When I get home and on my computer, I’ll come back to this post so I can link to the discussions on Elizabeth Large’s blog that inspired the drink – and to Fairfax at Pigtown Pigout, who pointed me in the right direction when I was looking for mixers. Thank you!

Tonight: Island Night. We already have a giant palm tree pool/beer cooler in the living room. Also, I will be wearing a grass skirt.

Now: Beach!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails