Tuesday, April 02, 2013

The Perfect Post-Party Day Food: Grilled Cheese


We had my family over on Saturday for our annual celebration of my dad's birthday - it's one of the few times a year that we're all together in the same place.

More on that to follow (we had an oyster tasting that definitely deserves its own post) but as usual, we had waaay too much food.

On Sunday, we celebrated Easter with Dixon getting the stomach flu (not fun), so we stayed home and kept things low key. I shuffled around my meal plans so Dixon wouldn't miss Easter dinner - which meant Cooper and I needed something for lunch.

Enter the leftovers. The sandwiches above are a combination of manchego, proscuitto, herb butter and honey mustard - all already sliced and prepped from the day before.

Nearly every party around here ends with a few leftovers, especially in the cheese category. Sadly, that cheese often goes to waste. Not anymore.

I just can't believe I didn't realize this before.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails