Thursday, May 27, 2010

Old School Thursday: Birthday Popsicles Edition

Today, National Grape Popsicle Day, also marks the 77th anniversary of the introduction of the automatic soda fountain dispenser. Coca-Cola developed the dispenser, which has made the world a better place for all of us. Or, at least, for me, since Diet Coke is truly an important part of my life.

In other news, today is Jamie Oliver’s 35th birthday! I’ve been a Jamie Oliver fan ever since I taught myself how to cook using The Naked Chef (and Nigella Lawson’s How to Eat) as a guide. At the time, he seemed incredibly young – he’s my age! – but like he totally knew what he was talking about, and I was jealous. Now, I’m just impressed by his cooking and by what he’s done with Fifteen and the school lunches in the UK and US. Happy birthday, Jamie!

So…to celebrate? Birthday cake, of course, made with all natural ingredients. Then maybe you can sneak a popsicle and a Coke when Jamie’s not looking.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails