Thursday, April 15, 2010

Old School Thursday: Taxes & Quakes Edition

Today, as I’m sure you all know, is tax day. As in, the day your taxes are due. So I hope you’ve got that all wrapped up.

In addition, it’s National Animal Crackers Day, which I’m sure could be construed as some sort of commentary on the state of our tax structure, or Congress, or something, but to be honest, I’m just too lazy to make that joke.

That’s actually about it for food-related news today, though April 15th is also the anniversary of the devastating earthquake that hit San Francisco in 1906 and the anniversary, exactly one year later, of the reopening of the Fairmont hotel.

I mention that only because Cooper and I stayed at the Fairmont in DC last fall – his high school girlfriend, Anne, had her wedding reception there – and it was absolutely wonderful. The hotel was beautiful, the wedding was fantastic (the food was even good) and the service was out of this world. If you ever have a chance to stay in a Fairmont, I’d highly recommend it.

So that’s about it. How to celebrate, you ask? Well, a better question is: what’s to celebrate? Taxes? Earthquakes? Maybe today we should skip the celebration, crawl back into bed, and hope that tomorrow is better.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails