Monday, July 22, 2013

Vegetables, Vegetables, Vegetables

I'm back from the beach  now, so blogging will resume on a semi-regular basis. First up: when I got home, my mailbox was packed with magazines - and they were all about vegetables.

Food and Wine, Bon Appetit and Garden and Gun all have major veg stories this month (G&G's - which is not online - uses more butter than the other two combined, but that's to be expected).Veggies are hot.

I'm not surprised. I wrote about this back in April - and vegetables are always top of mind in August, anyway.

On a personal level, our garden is just starting to kick into high gear. As usual, our rosemary and basil is killing it, the cilantro's pretty much dead, and we're starting to see a lot of cubanelles. We came home to a couple of early figs on the tree, too - and they're huge. Usually we don't see any ripe figs until September.

The yellow squash is doing OK and the cucumbers are weirdly big, but we don't have many zucchini just yet. And the cayennes...well, since they started late and grew through January last year, I'm cool with them coming in a little later.

No matter what comes in, though, at least I'll be set with recipes!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails