Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Party Marathon

Some people do triathlons. Others hike the Appalachian Trail.

My test of endurance? Multi-party weekends.

This past weekend was some serious business. Check it out:

A few comments from the weekend:
1. I'd recommend not spilling wine all over yourself at Belvedere. I looked
like I wet my pants. Not, as it turns out, super cute.

2. Patisserie Poupon always gets it right. I got Erin's cake there, plus
croissants (that went with Eddie's chicken salad). All amazing, as usual. 
Other shower highlights included a lemony basil dip with asparagus 
and green beans, one of Cail's amazing cheese plates (she's a master), 
and  tiny chocolate hazelnut cheesecakes made by my mom 
(the owl decorations are a nod to my sister's sorority - Chi O).

3. Cooper's first smoked pork + sauce of the year was even better than last year.
We had tacos with the leftover pork last night. I made this cilantro cream -
it was just as good as we imagined it would be.

4.  Gibson Island is great. We all had a blast sitting by the water, fishing and -
for the adventurous kids - swimming. Was it super warm? No. But apparently
kids don't feel the cold, even when their teeth chatter. Bonus: salty dogs 
(a 2:1 mix of grapefruit juice and gin + a salt rim and squeeze of lime)
are such a nice morning drink.

Sunday night, unsurprisingly, we were out like lights.
And now it's nearly mid-week again. Time to think about next weekend!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails