Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Cook the Mag: Eggplant and Corn from the September Bon Appetit

Late summer is, without a doubt, the best time of year to cook.

So it's no surprise that the September issue of Bon Appetit, which arrived
over the weekend, is filled with simple, delicious recipes.


I followed the directions to a tee, though substituting homemade tomato sauce for jarred.
(We have a lot of tomatoes.)

If I made it again, though, I might eliminate the saffron.
I could taste it, but I'm just not sure it was worth the $20 I spent on
new saffron, since my old jar was, well, old.

This corn "risotto" was even better:

For the grain, I used brown rice instead of farro, but I doubt it made much
of a difference, flavor-wise. This was creamy and sweet - really excellent
as a side dish (and as lunch the next day).

It's a great way to use fresh tomatoes and basil, too.

Both highly, highly recommended.

But maybe only in August or September.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails