Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Cook the Web: Fried Chicken Tacos

My Food and Wine email this week touted Andrew Zimmern's recipe for fried chicken tacos.

They looked fairly simple to make. But not simple enough for a weeknight,
when I had a million things to do.

But...fried chicken. Tacos. So easy. So I went to Trader Joe's
and Cooper stopped by Royal Farms on his way home.

Next thing you know:

Two types of TJ's salsa (roasted and tomatillo), one sweet pepper from our garden,
some limes, one sliced avocado, a can of TJ's cuban beans,
Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream and tortillas.

All I had to do was slice the chicken, avocado and pepper, and heat the tortillas.
It took 10 minutes.

I'm sure - sure - that Zimmern's version is better. The salsa, especially.
But this wasn't bad! Especially for a 10 minute dinner on a busy weeknight.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails