Friday, January 06, 2012

Happy Hour Friday: The UFO

First ever "Happy Hour Friday"! Once a week, I'll write about a drink that's caught my eye. First up: the UFO, which is made of one part genever, or Holland gin, and two parts bitter lemon soda.

I have to admit, it wasn't the UFO itself that caught my eye - it was the ingredients. Genever, which is regular gin's juniper-based ancestor, is all over the place lately - clearly the new it booze. Bitter lemon soda is having a bit of a moment in the sun, as well, for some reason. So put them both together, and you've clearly got the Next Big Thing.

Although, the UFO is probably best enjoyed someplace hot and sunny, like, say, Roswell. Because I have to admit, dark, cold mornings don't exactly make me go reaching for the bitter lemon bottle.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails