Thursday, September 08, 2011

Old School Thursday: Hasty Pudding for the Bargers Edition

Today is National Date-Nut Bread Day and I have very little commentary to add to that. But it’s also the Feast of St. Adrian of Nicomedia and he is the patron saint of butchers, who surely deserve their own saint. That feast sounds pretty good, too, doesn’t it? Lots of meat?

There’s a real lack of food history news today, though September 8th is the anniversary of the founding of Harvard (1636), which is notable, if not food-related.

In other September 8th news, ten years ago today, M&G friends Mike and Alicia got married – happy anniversary!

And in some September 7th news, I realized this morning that yesterday was the 6th anniversary of my first post here on M&G. I was just learning how to cook and had a long, long way to go…in fact, I had no idea how much I didn’t know. I probably still don’t.

On that note, happy September 8th, everyone! Try to stay dry out there!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails