Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I Need More Time

So I can have more theme dinner parties.

My sister just emailed me a notice about a partnership between The Phillips Collection and the Sofitel Luxury Hotel. To celebrate the 90th anniversary of the museum, they've partnered with Sofitel to create a prix fixe lunch or dinner based on the food featured in Renoir's painting "Luncheon of the Boating Party" (one of The Phillips' shining stars).

This reminded me that I have a million fabulous dinner party ideas - some of which are art-inspired - just floating around in the back of my head. And no time to put them into action. So frustrating.

You know what I need? A sponsor. With deep pockets and no restrictions. Not so much to ask, right?

In the meantime, the Renoir menu looks pretty delicious and is described, quite amusingly, as "Dejeuner sur l'herbe" and "Diner sur l'herbe." Impressionist crossover jokes? Oh oui. Oui, s'il vous plait.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails