Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I Want This On My Wall


In case you can't tell, and I know the image is small, it's a wheel titled, "Les Bienfaits du Vin (The Benefits of Wine)". The little green words are ailments, from tuberculosis to significant obesity. For each, a healing wine is prescribed, along with an amount (TB, for example, will apparently be cured by a bottle of champagne sec).

I just ran across it in the March issue of Food & Wine, then found the image online at the Domaine Jessiaume blog - apparently it was created sometime during the mid-19th century by one of the founders of Domaine Jessiaume.

I am very serious when I say that I want it on my wall. It's perfect for the spot currently occupied by a "Keep Calm and Carry On" poster that is starting to wear out its welcome. The question is: how do I get it there?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails