Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Why I Love Zingerman's

I have had such good experiences with everything I've purchased from Zingerman's - even the Camembert we sent to my mom that was a few days past it's sell-by date (maybe not officially, but the smell indicated it was so). One quick email to the company and they offered to refund, replace, or send my mom something new.

As a result, I already felt warmly towards the company. But even if I didn't, I would now, based solely on the contents of their most recent catalog. It includes short columns written by Zingermans employees, and a fabulous collection of foodstuffs. We're talking:

  • Cured hog jowl
  • Hungarian liptauer
  • A home cheesemaking kit (for only $35!)
  • Tarallini from Puglia

Plus, a perfectly reasonable explanation of good and bad nitrates and why some cured meats are dangerous, while others are not.

All in one little adorably illustrated catalog.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails