Thursday, September 02, 2010

Old School Thursday: Fire & Ice Blueberries Edition

Today is National Blueberry Popsicle Day. Now, I have had a lot of popsicles in my day, but I don’t think I’ve actually ever had a blueberry popsicle. Not that I’m opposed to the concept but, come on, does it really need a whole day? I blame the ever-powerful blueberry lobby.

Today is also St. Agricola of Avignon Day. He is the patron for rain and good weather (please, St. Agricola, ask Earl to avoid Maryland)…and storks. Obviously.

There’s not a whole lot of news today, but here’s something that’s interesting: today in 1666 the Great Fire of London began. The fire, which burned for four days and destroyed over 13,000 buildings, started in the shop of the King’s baker. Good reminder to all those pastry chefs out there to…just be careful.

So today, to celebrate, I guess we’re stuck with blueberry popsicles. Maybe with gin?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails