Friday, June 04, 2010

What to Do Next Weekend: Great Grapes at Oregon Ridge

If you happen to be without plans and in the Baltimore area next weekend, get yourself up to Oregon Ridge - that's where I'll be, at the Great Grapes wine and food event. As I mentioned last week, I'm competing in a bacon-themed throwdown vs. two of my favorite Baltimore food bloggers, Kathy "the minx" and John "Baltimore Snacker."

We'll be competing at 1 pm - cooking for about half an hour, then being judged for who knows how long. The judges include Bernadette Woods and Jessica Kartilija from WJZ and Hugh Sisson of Clipper City (and formerly of Sisson's, which I always thought was a nice bar).

Who will win? Well, that remains to be seen. I've been doing some planning, but I also know that Kathy has had herself steeped in bacon for the better part of the month (John has had himself steeped in SoCal, which could be an advantage in itself).

What I do know, though, is that I have a pair of tickets to give away! I've never had a real contest on here before, so I'm going to make it simple: if you want the tickets, email me before Monday (kit at kitpollard dot com). On Monday, I'll pick one emailer at random. That's it - no quizzes or essays or anything else. Easy on both you and me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails