Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Cool, Over, Never, Intriguing

  • Cool: I rarely drink Australian wine anymore (I, like many people, got Yellowtailed out when I first got into wine), but I'm certainly not immune to the adorable map that illustrates this Food & Wine overview of Australian wine regions. Cutely drawn maps are my crack cocaine.
  • Over: I'm not saying Turkey's not probably a super cool place. I bet it is. But this is hardly the first article I've read about sailing off the coast of Istanbul. It looks like a gorgeous country and I have it on good authority from my friend Bert, who would know, that Turkish women are some of the most beautiful in the world. But still, how many sailing-in-Turkey articles can be written? (P.S. Sorry to Rasim, my friend since kindergarten, who is Turkish. But I'm pretty sure I'm right.)
  • Never: I have watched enough Travel Channel shows to know that I am never going to want to eat like an Icelander, no matter how healthy it is.
  • Intriguing: In non-Food & Wine news - non-food news, if you want to be picky about it - I found this Galley Slaves post on what makes an alpha male completely fascinating. Also, revealing. Let's just say it potentially explains a lot about my early 20s, all the way up to the point when I met Cooper. Plus, I do like a nice psycho/socio/anthropological theory.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails