Friday, January 08, 2010

Entertaining Friday: Snow Day Drinks

I've never been skiing, but I've always thought that I'd be pretty good at the apres ski part of a trip. The skiing itself...not so much. I'm not exactly infused with natural grace.

Days like today, I get to test my apres skills without even leaving my house. This I like. When I went to bed last night, there was a very light dusting of snow on the ground and when I woke up this morning, the dusting had turned into, well, a bigger dusting. Just enough to look pretty, but not enough to really mess up anybody's day.

Fittingly, the Chowhound drink recipe that hit my inbox this morning was the apple brandy hot toddy - a combination of Calvados and honey liqueur and spices and boiling water. I won't be making it, because I don't have any Calvados or honey liqueur, but it sounds wonderful.

If I get ambitious in an alcoholic way later today, I might whip up a hot buttered rum or two - I have very fond memories of a) the HBRs my brother's college roommate's mom used to make for tailgates and b) the lifesavers. So the drink still sounds amazing to me.

Maybe we'll eat today, too. Dixon would probably appreciate that.

[That picture of Dixon was taken during the pre-Christmas snowstorm. As you can see, I took it from the warm, toasty confines of my kitchen. It's too cold out there for this delicate flower.]

1 comment:

theminx said...

Mmm...hot buttered rum! You just gave me an idea for a blog post. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails