Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Artsy Wednesday: That Real World Architecture

Thank you to Cail and Discovery Doug, who both sent me a link to the Real World Houses website yesterday. I had actually worked the Google magic and I found that site before I wrote my whiny "what's the internet good for" post - I was mostly whiny because all of the links on the site were broken.

Somehow, though, by the time last night rolled around, the links worked again, suggesting the issue was my computer all along. Anyway, I was able to grab some pictures from two of my favorite houses, as I remembered them from the episodes.

First, Paris, where adorable Mallory and Ace lived:
The living room: The kitchen:

And the dining room:
My other favorite house, the Belfort Mansion in New Orleans (and yes, we did spend a big chunk of our recent trip to NOLA for Tom and Cail's wedding in search of the house, and I'm sure we passed it and missed it):
The courtyard and porch:
The billiard room:
And the kitchen:

You know what I've learned from all of this? Even though I didn't think I liked Art Deco-influenced furniture, apparently I do. Because I remember loving these interiors when I watched the shows, but when I look at the pictures, I realize they're filled with the kinds of crazy curves that usually turn me off.

Well, learning something new all the time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails