Monday, October 19, 2009

Upcoming Events: All About Wine

You know what I like about the fall? Everybody's back to work and back at home after summer vacations, so there's a lot going on.

Of course, that's also sort of what I don't like about fall, since I end up so busy that I can't go to a lot of cool stuff. Such as these two, very fun-sounding wine-related events:
  • This Thursday (October 22nd), the Maryland Science Center (601 Light Street) is hosting its second "Science Uncorked" event. This one is all about "the genius of wine" - fueled by the museum's DaVinci exhibit. Wine Market wine experts will be leading a talk on the wines of Italy - and there's wine tasting and food pairings. Sounds kind of awesome, right? And so perfectly food + artsy? I wish I could make it. Tickets are $40 for Maryland Science Center members and $45 for non-members. To RSVP, or for more information, call 410.545.5960.
  • Next week, I'll be missing another fabulous-sounding wine-related event, when Morton's hosts a champagne and chocolate tasting, featuring three Piper-Heidsieck sparkling wines, paired with several Vosges chocolates (and a handful of Morton's appetizers). This also costs $45 per person and sounds like a kind of delicious night out. Call 410-527-8255 to make a reservation.
There's more happening out there, of course, but these two events caught my eye - as wine, artistes, and chocolate often do.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails