Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Ideabook Tuesday: Interview with Sue Teso of Solstice Home

Houzz has been ramping up the design blogger/Etsy designer/interior designer interviews lately - and I think it's been fantastic. I love seeing inside real people's houses. It's one thing to flip through magazines to check out how people who can afford interior design help (and daily, hourly, minutely housekeeping) live - it's another entirely to study houses inhabited by regular people with jobs and kids and busy lives.

Last week, I got to interview Sue Teso, the owner of the Etsy shop Solstice Home. Sue sells cool vintage pieces in her shop, so it's no surprise that there are some pretty interesting pieces in her home. What I like most about it, though, is that she incorporates the pieces in a way that isn't at all overwhelming. Her house doesn't scream, "vintage shop owner!" It sort of mentions it casually, instead.

It's a great space and one I'd definitely like to live in. Plus, Sue seems like such a nice lady. Not only did she send me photos of her current home, she also sent me pictures of the house she used to live in. AND her daughter (who has an Etsy shop of her own) sent me photos of the house - so I had so much to choose from.

The photos are labeled by which home they are - the Sandwich house is where she currently lives and the Brewster house is her old home. (As an aside, Ocean Spray Brad's wife Erin is from Sandwich - that's where she went to high school with Duff from Ace of Cakes).

Check it out:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails