Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Too Soon?

I think that I'm jumping the gun on tomatoes this year, but I can't help myself. Look at how great these tomatoes (from Planet Produce) look with Ceriello mozzarella and basil from the backyard:

We had these for dinner last night, with just a little drizzle of balsamic. It might be early in the season, but they were fantastic.

Plus, I was inspired by this crab and avocado salad Cooper got at Mari Luna last Saturday:


Speaking of Mari Luna, has anyone had a bad meal there ever? It's fantastic and so consistent. Plus, loud enough to be totally kid-friendly.

But I digress. Tomato season might not have officially started in these parts, but it has started at my house. I just can't resist.

[Crab salad photo by Alicia Barger.]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails