Monday, March 09, 2009

Trendy Monday: Ireland (Again)

As is usually the case around this time of year, my thoughts have turned to the cuisine of the great Emerald Isle, such as it is. Our annual St. Patrick's Day celebration kicked off yesterday with an afternoon (and evening) at Ryan's Daughter (more on that tomorrow on Examiner.com) and all week I'll be working on the menu and details for another get together on Saturday.

So of course I've got Irish food on the brain.

But the trend here, actually, is what I'm not seeing. Last year at this time, I couldn't open a magazine, or my email, without being hit over the head by some kind of "new Irish food rocks" article. Not so much this year. I'm guessing that's not because the new Irish food no longer rocks, but simply because it's not so new anymore.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails