- Unlike my recent trip to Chicago, which mostly involved room service, when Xani from Black Coffee and a Donut went to Chi-town last fall, she did make it to Tru.
- Bourdain. In Baltimore. I wish I spent more time loitering around Penn Station.
- Q: What's the opposite of trendy? A: Cafeteria food.
- I just bought this, but in black, and I can't wait to use it.
- This kitchen, I love it. All that color is fantastic.
One more thing, and this is a bit of a rant. I just got my January issue of Bon Appetit - it arrived late last week, the day before my February Food & Wine. A few hours ago, I was at Sur la Table in Annapolis and I noticed that they've got the February Bon Appetit on display. Since when does the newsstand get a magazine before subscribers?
But still, it was cool to see Woodberry Kitchen noted as a new American "gastro-tavern" (as totally ridiculous as that sounds).