Friday, January 09, 2009

Entertaining Friday: Remembrance of Parties Past

Welcome to the first edition of Entertaining Fridays. I thought I'd kick off with just a little walk through the past, remembering some of my favorite entertaining stories from the past few years. In no particular order, here they are:

On the street in Porto, Portugal, during the Euro 2004. This was also the afternoon before the city exploded into the Fete de Sao Joao - a calm before the storm, if you can believe it. One thing I'm sure of: the Portuguese, as well as Swedish and Danish soccer fans, throw an excellent party.

Halloween 2008 over at Alicia and Mike's house. Their Halloween parties are consistently fun, and this one was no exception.

The 2008 Rodgers Forge Carol and Crawl. I'm still recovering.

The brie-covered aftermath of a little skirmish at the end of a long day on Keuka Lake. This was our evening out on the party boat, complete with wine and hors d'oeuvres. It started out so nicely, but somehow it ended up with brie in Cooper's nose.

Dixon's first birthday party was a big success, even though we had to have it in the front yard (our construction had just started). I love the skeptical look on his face - about two seconds later, he asked for a fork. He's so my son.

Country club night in Bethany. Southsides, clubby food, lots of pink and green. I really love a theme night.

So many parties. We've had such a good time. So many more to come - especially over the next month. We'll have lots to report.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails