Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Artsy Wednesday: Marina City

I've written before about my fascination with Bertrand Goldberg's Marina City complex in Chicago, but that was before it was across the street from my hotel. This was the view from the street in front of the hotel. The view from the window next to the elevators was even cooler, but not as easy to photograph.

That building on the bottom is the House of Blues. While we didn't make it there, we did get to Smith and Wollensky, which is just on the right-hand side of the buildings.

I'm not joking when I saw that seeing these buildings for the first time took my breath away. I wasn't expecting them, and it's pretty amazing to be all of a sudden greeted by some of your favorite architecture.

I spent a lot of our trip thinking about how amazingly cool it would be to actually live there.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails