Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Quotable Tuesday: Christmas Dinner

“In my experience, clever food is not appreciated at Christmas. It makes the little ones cry and the old ones nervous.”- Jane Grigson

While I know that British food writer Jane Grigson has it right, I sometimes think it's kind of too bad. In my mind, it would be fun to cook a crazy, fancy Christmas dinner.

Of course, then I remember that by the time Christmas rolls around, I'm a big ball of stress, thanks to all the parties and the shopping and the birthdays (mine, Cooper's, my brother's) that fall in the days right around the holiday. There are too many people to see and too many things to wrap for me to really worry about cooking some sort of fancy meal.

Speaking of which, I have done exactly zero shopping. This is the first year that Dixon's really grasped the concept of Christmas, too, so expectations are running high.

I guess it's a good thing we got our abomination of a gingerbread house out of the way last week. That's one less thing for me to worry about right now.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails