Monday, November 17, 2008

Trendy Monday: Christmas

I'm back! We had a great time in the Bahamas and I'm still feeling relaxed, in a residual sense, at least (it's kind of hard to feel totally relaxed when I've got dirty laundry in bags all over the house).

But something strange seemed to happen this past week: we changed seasons. I guess since the Bahamas don't celebrate Thanksgiving, their focus immediately shifts from Halloween to Christmas. We saw Christmas trees, tree ornaments, and oversized Seasons Greetings signs all over the place, and the cab driver who dropped us off at the airport yesterday left us with a "Merry Christmas!"

It was all a little startling, since not only were we in Thanksgiving mode when we left Maryland, but we'd just spent a few days in full-on beach mode, so it kind of felt like summer. (More to follow on that later, too - the food was pretty fantastic.) Of course, considering that Target has been covered in Christmas decorations since November 1st, maybe I shouldn't have been so surprised.

So I guess it's time to start thinking about Christmas cookies and candy and dinner.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails