Monday, September 29, 2008

Big Day

Not exactly a "trendy Monday" post...but today is Dixon's second birthday. Yesterday we had pizza and cake and ice cream with the families and right now he is basking in the glow of many new vehicle-related toys.

Instead of a regular birthday cake, I finally made use of the old timey car cake pan I got from Williams Sonoma last Christmas (when I didn't have a functional kitchen anyway). It went over well with the kids (especially Dixon) and the adults got to eat leftover cake that Missy brought over on Saturday night (which tasted better than the cars, anyway).

It's a little hard for me to believe that Dixon's two already - and that also means I've been blogging here for over three years.

Time certainly does fly, etc, etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Dixon! That's a pretty great birthday cake your mom made for you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails