Friday, March 21, 2008

Help The Book Thing of Baltimore

On my last post, Enninej (aka Jeninne) left a comment that really deserves it's own post:
Hey Kit, I thought you might want to know that the Baltimore Book Thing (are you familiar with it? If not, they're the subject of my latest post) is in need of donations to help pay their mortgage. And this is about food, because among the millions of books they give away every year are cookbooks. For instance, they have more microwave cookbooks than I've seen in one place since the late 80s. Thought you and readers might want to know!

Here's her post about it, including a link through which cash donations can be made.

I've never been to The Book Thing, but I read about it for the first time a year or so ago, and I've always meant to visit (and to drop off some of the zillions of books collecting dust around our house). It's great for the community and something that definitely deserves to be preserved.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails