Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year!


champagne
Originally uploaded by Kit Pollard.

Though it's pouring down rain and generally miserable here in Baltimore on the second day of 2006, the new year still holds that special glow of potential for me. My great intentions for 2006 - posting every day, keeping a wine journal, learning to eat all kinds of foods I think I don't like - all seem within reach. Plus, since today is the second day of the year, I am no longer nursing my annual New Year's Day hangover.

As expected, our New Year's Eve was fabulous, with an extremely fun, low-key dinner at our house with friends, followed by an equally fun, but not quite as low-key series of nightcaps at the wine bar. A great time was had by all.

More photos and a more detailed report, including recipes, will follow. Right now, unfortunately, I still have a few dishes to do (it was that messy, and yesterday was that rough.) And a Christmas tree and assorted decorations to dismantle.

And then my new year, and new resolutions will start in earnest.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails