Monday, October 17, 2005

The Secret Ingredient


confit d'oignons
Originally uploaded by Kit Pollard.

Taaaa-Daaaa! This is my new favorite thing: onion confit purchased at the Monoprix in Paris. It is so delicious - sweet and oniony at the same time - and makes anything involving potatoes taste more interesting. In a good way.

The good news is that this little jar of wonder only costs about $2. The not-so-good news is that I am not sure where I can buy it outside of Paris, and this was my last jar. I'm trying to look at the positives, though. For instance, while the ingredients listed on the lid of the jar are all in French, they are all French words I understand (onions, sugar, butter, white wine, vinegar).

Very soon, I will begin experimenting with my stove, and a lot of onions.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails