Saturday, October 15, 2005

My Belvedere Dinner


savory cheese pie 2
Originally uploaded by Kit Pollard.

I am a total creature of habit. Last night, in a desperate attempt to "honor" our Belvedere Square tradition, I carried a certain purse (my "happy hour bag") and wore a special outfit.

However, I broke from tradition in one major way: I had a tempura soft crab for dinner. It was delicious, soft and just crispy enough, and spattered with a tiny bit of soy sauce. With a thick, spicy, ketchupy hot Asian sauce for dipping. And yes, I'm salivating right now.

But what I didn't eat is just as fantastic. Every week, until this one, I've kicked off happy hour with a slice of savory cheese pie from Neopol's Smokery. Like a thick quiche, the pie is covered in roasted vegetables and infused with tons of flavor. Plus, it's gorgeous.

I do love my gorgeous food.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails