Thursday, June 05, 2014

New and Fun

I am working on a post that wraps up all the fun things we did and cool places we ate in May (SPOILER ALERT: Le Garage is pretty awesome and we still love Keuka Lake). But that's taking longer than I'd like, mostly due to pesky things like the having to write things for people who pay me. The horror. Writing for money.

In the meantime, here are a couple thing that are fun, new, and that I can write about quickly:
  • Over the past, oh, six months, I've written multiple articles about oysters. The first two came out this week - this one in Chesapeake Home + Living and this one in The Sun. A third runs next week in The Sun. Writing these has been so great. You know how Julia Child said that people who love food are the best people? Well, as far as I'm concerned, people who love oysters are the best people among those people. And I got to talk to a lot of them this winter and spring.
  • Kathy (aka the Minx) and Neal Patterson's new book, Baltimore Chef's Table, just arrived at my house this afternoon - and it is gorgeous. I have to admit, though, as I was flipping through the pages, reading recipes and admiring the really fantastic collection of restaurants included, all I could think about was how much work it must have been to get all those chefs to send in their recipes and schedule photos. I love chefs - I truly do - but being a great, creative mind in the kitchen does not always translate to being an efficient emailer. That said, it's a great book. Buy it.
  • I have decided that Seattle mixologist Anu Apte would be my BFF if she lived in Baltimore. You know how I know? This Food and Wine article, in which she mentions her love for Lumosity. ME TOO.

2 comments:

theminx said...

Thank you!

theminx said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails