Friday, January 24, 2014

This Week: January 18 to 24

This is where it gets hard. 

Between the snow (So much snow. So many snow days.) and my unrelenting
work schedule, I have not done much blog-worthy stuff this week.

Yes, last Friday I made Rick Bayless's enchiladas suizas - one of my 
favorite ways to use rotisserie chicken and also really good 
wow-it-is-cold-out-there food. But not that exciting.

And on Saturday, we went to my sister and Clark's cute house in Alexandria for the 
first time. They fed us flank steak and scalloped potatoes and green beans and 
everything was great. (Also, my mom noted that she rarely gets
blog mentions. So...there's one!)

Sunday, some friends came over and we had burgers. Nothing special
but it was the kind of low-key night we all obviously needed.

Then we entered the black hole of an an additional three days tacked
onto the weekend. By the time I dropped Dixon off at school yesterday - 
two hours late - I could practically hear the streets of Stoneleigh
echoing with mothers' glee at finally having their homes back.

Seriously. It's a mess around here.

So that's all I have to report. It's not much. 

But I will leave you with this photo, from Southern Living:
Not too much longer until that's once again a possibility.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails