- The seafood tower at Balthazar. Though overall, Balthazar isn't actually any better than Petit Louis, that tower was impressive. I wish Team Wolf-Foreman would put one on their menu.
- The many floors of inspiration at ABC Carpet & Home. Seriously, that place is incredible.
- Eataly. All of it. We had a fabulous lunch - short rib bolognese for Cooper and an asparagus, proscuitto and egg flatbread for me - at the Batali-Bastianich temple of Italian food. Everything about the place made me breathless - so many incredible ingredients, plus restaurants!, all in one place.
- The impressive cheeriness of the C. Wonder store. Just so happy.
- A spicy Tanteo margarita. We visited Mike's college friend Jonathan in his Soho office, where his tequila company is headquartered. Jonathan started the company a few years ago - he makes tequilas infused with a few flavors, including jalapeno. I'm a sucker for spicy drinks; the margarita he made us with the jalapeno tequila as killer.
Less fun parts of the weekend included being drenched by a jerk who drove through a puddle just to splash us (and I mean drenched) and realizing that we are old (that realization came while surrounded by about ten thousand 22 year-olds at Biergarten).
By the time we boarded the train Sunday morning, we were exhausted. I think I was still tired the following Tuesday. But it was a great time - there's just no place else like New York. It's a great place to visit.
And Baltimore's a great place to come home to.