Friday, December 07, 2012

Charmed


I have a post over at Deep Glamour about charm bracelets, a type of jewelry I find particularly, well, charming.

Last week, at a baby shower for Cooper's sister, Missy, I noticed that more than half the ladies at the party had jangly charm bracelets on their wrists. That, combined with this post from Garden and Gun, initially inspired the post.

Of course, as I mention at DG, charm bracelets have long held a special place in my heart, thanks to my grandmother. When I was in my early 20s, she gave me the bracelet she made for herself, while living in Europe in the '50s.

The bracelet's story is sentimental, but also exciting - those were fun, glamorous times for Nan (even with two small kids, she and my grandfather lived a pretty entertaining life). And unsurprisingly, considering Nan's excellent taste, the bracelet is also great-looking. Though the charms were collected all over Europe, aesthetically, they work together as though they were designed as a set.

Charming, indeed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails