Thursday, January 26, 2012

Old School Thursday: Vices & Fixes Edition

National Peanut Brittle Day! Woohoo! Actually, I really do like peanut brittle. Also, today in 1875, the first battery-powered dentist’s drill earned a patent for George F. Green of Kalamazoo – and I can’t help but think the need for dentist drills and peanut brittle are closely linked. In my mouth, at least (and believe me, I’ve seen many a dentist drill).

In other January 26th news, today is St. Timothy’s Day and he is the patron saint of NO stomachaches. So useful!

In 1838, Tennessee passed a temperance law, the first state in the union to do so. To that, I say boo. And Tennessee, the land of bourbon, of all places!

Finally, today in 1932, William Wrigley, Jr., of chewing gum and baseball stadium fame, passed away.

So to celebrate today, eat some brittle, gum, drink some bourbon – and pray that you avoid both stomachaches and dentist drills, at least for the time being.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails