Monday, September 12, 2011
Things I've Learned From My Grandmother
1. You can never have too many shoes.
2. A little lipstick will always make you look better. (I usually ignore this one, though she's right.)
3. Keep the sun off your face. And invest in Pond's cold cream.
4. Have a beer at lunch. It's good for you.
5. If you drop a huge tray of chocolate mousse in crystal dishes, there's no need to get too upset. Just go out, buy more dishes - and buy dessert.
I was lucky to grow up with Nan living very close by, so I got to spend a lot of time with her - much of which was in restaurants. Though she does NOT love to cook, she's a wonderful entertainer and taught me so much about how to be a gracious hostess - and how to have fun. She's just so much fun!
Happy birthday, Nan!