Friday, May 13, 2011

Going on around Town: This Weekend

I'm a little late getting to this (thanks, Blogger - I'm just glad you're back!), but we've got a busy weekend. First on the list is the opening of Summer Sounds at Belvedere Square tonight. In just a few short hours, I'll be posted up in our usual spot on the grass, grapefruit crush in hand, listening to the Crawdaddies. Assuming, that is, that it doesn't rain. I'd really like the rain to hold off.

Tomorrow is even busier, starting with the Elliott's Pour House 5th anniversary block party. Jeff pulls out a lot of stops with event planning and this party sounds pretty fantastic and over the top. Again, I'm just hoping that it doesn't rain.

After the block party, we're headed down to Annapolis for a happy hour, at Sam's on the Waterfront. The happy hour is a fundraiser for 1Run, my friend high school Doug's organization. Doug is a Type 1 diabetic (he was diagnosed as a toddler) and he's running across the country, from San Francisco to New York, to raise awareness of both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. San Francisco to New York is a long, long way to run, so it seems like the least we can do is go have a couple of drinks to support him.

Finally, on Sunday, there's something going on that I want to go to, but can't - the DC Taco Experiment. A couple of weeks ago, I got an email about the event from the guys behind the food experiments, which originated in Brooklyn. The experiments are amateur competitions, complete with awesome prizes, and they sound like a blast. I'd be all over it...if only it wasn't an hour away on a weekend when I've got a zillion other things to do.

There's a lot to choose from this time of year. Makes it easy to have fun, but hard to stop to breathe.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails